Careers in Care
Not just a job
Do you want a rewarding career?
Do you want to make a positive difference to someone’s life?
Wales will need thousands more people to work in caring roles with adults and children by 2030 if it is to keep up with the growing demand for care services and provide support for communities across the country.
Currently, around one in 17 adults in Wales works in social care or early years and childcare (around 113,000 people), making it a bigger employer than the NHS. But this area of work is still growing.
To meet this need, local care providers are looking to recruit and train dedicated people, with the right values, to work with some of the most vulnerable people in our society.
People like you!
Why Choose a Career in Social Care?
- You can make a real difference to someone life.
- There are job opportunities for everyone of all ages.
- You could work full-time or part-time depending on your circumstances.
- It can involve supporting people with needs such as dementia, sensory loss or learning disabilities.
- You could work in a care home, the community or by supporting people in their own homes.
- You could run your on business to meet a need you have identified in your community.
- There are many exciting and challenging job opportunities to choose from.
"In social care, we always want to do ‘good’ by people"
"It’s the most rewarding job you’ll ever have"
"I wish I’d done it years ago!"
Social Care Wales Careers pages https://socialcare.wales/careers
Search jobs in your area
Take the test
To see what a career in care is like take this interactive video challenge ‘A Question of Care: a Career for YOU’.